Monday, July 28, 2008

Feed the World...

I was wondering, which of the All-Star tunes written to raise money for starving Ethiopians in the mid-80's was most effective? Which tune by concerned pop stars most inspires you to give?

I think the British effort is the grooviest, but you be the judge. Below are your choices...

"Do They Know It's Christmas?" - Band Aid (Britain)


"We Are the World" - USA For Africa (USA)


"Tears Are Not Enough" - Northern Lights (Canada)


A fun game to play with each of these is to see how many singers you can name that are featured.

BONUS: This one is awesome. "We're Stars" - Hear 'n Aid (80's metal stars)

3 comments:

Johannes said...

Dez, this is the dumbest interesting post I've ever read. Nice.

Dezmond said...

Thank you. Did you watch Hear 'n Aid?

Dezmond said...

I played the Concerned Pop Star game. Here's what you do: watch the videos, and any part that features 4 or less artists singing, try and identify the artist. here is how I did:

Band Aid: 9 out of 11, or 82%

USA For Africa: I kicked ass. 20 out of 21, or 95%

Northern Lights: the damn Canadians killed me. I only got 10 out of 25, or 40%.