Friday, May 8, 2009

From the Mouth of Ron Artest...

"I remember one time, my friend was playing basketball, and they was winning the game, it was so competitive that they broke a leg from a table and they threw it and it went right through his heart and he died. Right on the court. So, uh, I'm accustomed to playing basketball really rough...[on Kobe's elbow in Game 2] you gotta have balls to hit a guy like me in the throat...I went over there to tell Kobe, 'you hittin' the wrong person, don't you know you hittin' Ron Artest?' I mean, come on."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dez, I believe you left out an opening line to this post that would have gone something like..."My good friend, Walter Evans, called my attention to a brilliant Ron Artest quote that I wanted to share with my loyal readers."

The fantastic thing about this quote is that two of the Houston sports DJs thought that the story was so ridiculous and over-the-top that they actually looked it up. Turns out, the whole thing did actually happen in Ron Artest's hometown around the time that he was growing up. Of course, I think the table leg was probably "stabbed" through the boy's heart...as opposed to being "thrown".

Either way, though, as the DJs put it, "You don't mess with Ron Artest!"