Monday, May 18, 2009

Conference Finals

The NBA playoffs trudge along. My Rockets deserve a hand for pushing the heavily favored Lakers to 7 games, but the inevitable did indeed occur. A look back to the round that just ended:

Cleveland v. Atlanta: Dez predicted Cleveland in 5. Result: Cleveland in 4.
Boston v. Orlando: Dez said Boston in 6. Result: Orlando in 7.
L.A. v. Houston: Dez said L.A. in 5. Result: L.A. in 7.
Denver v. Dallas: Dez said Denver in 6. Result: Denver in 5.

Pretty good other than the 2-3 match-up in the East. I was glad to see Orlando win, though. I hate the Celtics.

Looking Forward...

EAST Finals: Cleveland v. Orlando. So far Cleveland has swept their way through the playoffs. Orlando will be their first real challenge. I say Cleveland in 6.

WEST Finals: L.A. Lakers v. Denver. I have revised my predictions here. Recall that since the beginning I predicted a Lakers/Denver conference final. I also predicted a sweep by The Lakers. Denver has proven to be better than I thought, the Lakers have proven to be softer than I thought. The Lakers piss me off with their half-ass attitude. So, no sweep. This goes to seven, but the damn Lakers still win.

David Stern and NBA get their pre-ordained Kobe v. Lebron finals with the battery of already made commercials featuring both stars.

FINALS: Cleveland will beat the Lakers in 6.

No comments: