Monday, March 25, 2013

The Next List

Summer is fast approaching. Yes, it means a new baby in our family. Yes, it means fun and sun. And yes, it means some time off for yours truly (although, teaching classes full of teenagers might be more relaxing than taking care of a three year old and newborn, we'll see.) But most importantly, it means another GNABB list. I wanted to get some suggestions from my loyal readers for a topic. I've done lots of Music, so I want to steer clear of that this summer (albums, songs, artists...all complete. Listing five star albums, the ongoing record guides). I've done favorite Movies already. I think I want to go historical. The Presidents Rankings list was a success. Rightly or wrongly, I deem a list a success or failure based on how much conversation it generates. There was lots of debate and discussion on the Presidential Rankings. So any historical topic suggestions for this summer's list?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Most significant Americans, non-president (or perhaps non-politician) division? Ranking U.S. Generals (lets you discuss battles as well)? Something Civil War related, since the sesquicentennial of Gettysburg and Vicksburg is this summer?

-David

ANCIANT said...

England's best and worst kings?

Most important days in world history?

Most important days in US history?

greatest generals of the 30 years war?

JMW said...

Greatest rock lead singers?

Most under-sung great movie stars?

Worst records by great bands? (Could be fun to rip into them.)

Your favorite books about history?