Monday, May 16, 2011

Conference Finals

This has been an unpredictable NBA Playoffs so far. The #1 and #2 seeds are out by the time the Conference Finals roll around in the West? Dallas doesn't choke and the Lakers finally can't flip their legendary switch? What's going on here? Maybe the world really is ending on May 21st. My predictions on this round...

The East: Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat
I know I'm a little late (since one game has already been played). And I know Chicago won Game 1 convincingly. And I know Chicago has had Miami's number all season. But still. I think Miami has a lot to prove, and I think that Chicago is still a year or two away from being real champion contenders. Derek Rose has astounded, but Miami features possibly the two best players in the League (and basketball, more than any other major team sport, can turn on individual greatness). I hope I'm wrong. I do not want Lebron to ever win a title.
Dez says: Miami in 7

The West: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Dallas Mavericks
This could be a great series. Durant and Westbrook are playing out of this world for OKC. But I think that Dallas has the depth and desire to make their last push. Like Chicago in the East, I think that the Thunder are still a season or two away from contending for the title. The question is: has Dallas finally gotten over the choke factor? For this series, yes. But they still won't win a title.
Dez says: Dallas in 7

Therefore, the Finals will be a rematch of Dallas and Miami, and Miami will dash the Metroplex's hopes once again.

No comments: