Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I Am Glad That I Was Wrong

Unfortunately for me, I haven't posted enough new posts to get my Conference Finals predictions off of the page yet. But I will own up to the fact that I vastly overestimated the Memphis Grizzlies. Perhaps it is just bad memories of a couple playoffs ago. Anyway, I predicted a Grizzlies victory in seven grueling games, instead the San Antonio Spurs coasted in a sweep to await the winner of Miami-Pacers (Miami) in the Finals. Better yet, they get some much needed rest. I'll give you a full analysis and prediction when it becomes official (that is, a Spurs-Heat Final), but suffice it to say that it is fitting that in David Stern's last Finals as Commissioner his nemesis Gregg Popovich gets to coach in the series. While Stern would undoubtedly like to see a team from the West advance from a bigger market with more flash, real basketball fans couldn't ask for a better Finals this year than a fully healthy and playing at their peak Spurs and the Miami All-Stars. Congrats Spurs, and you have once again surprised everyone even though they shouldn't be surprised.

ABOVE: David Stern: "Wait, the Spurs are in another final? #@&!"

No comments: