Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dez's NBA Conference Finals Predictions

The East: Miami Heat vs. Indiana Pacers or New York Knicks

Yes, I know that as of this posting Indiana and New York have not finished their series (I pick Indiana, by the way). But, does it really matter which of these teams moves on as the sacrificial lamb for the Miami Heat to slaughter? No. Indiana doesn't have the depth, and New York doesn't have the maturity.

Dez Says: Miami in 5 against either team.

The West: San Antonio Spurs vs. Memphis Grizzlies


Now, this will be a hell of a series. Not one that David Stern particularly wanted (you know, no flashy stars or glitz, just fundamental and gritty basketball with brutal defenses). As a Spurs fan, Memphis scares me even more than Oklahoma City did at full strength. (Memphis is the only team, by the way, that I give a chance against Miami in a Finals, because their strength is Miami's only weakness). This will be a series of a dying breed, the big men in the middle. Memphis' Randolph and Gasol vs. The Spurs' Duncan and Splitter. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Dez Says: Grizzlies in 7.

No comments: