Monday, April 22, 2013

NBA Playoffs: 1st Round Predictions

Miami wins it all. We know that. The only question is how do they get there. Here are my bold first round predictions...

THE WEST: or, the race to see who gets to lose to The Heat

Oklahoma City (1) vs. Houston (8)
I would like to say that my Rockets have a chance, but they don't. As if The Thunder didn't have incentive enough, sticking it to James Harden gives them even more.
Dez Says: OKC in 5.

San Antonio (2) vs. L.A. Lakers (7)
The sports media is paying more attention to this series than it deserves because it's the Lakers. And a Kobe-less Lakers at that. D'Antoni is a fool of a coach.
Dez Says: S.A. Spurs in 6.

Denver (3) vs. Golden State (4)
Two fun teams to watch. I wish Denver were at full strength, they are my favorite type of team, no big stars but just a real cohesive unit that fights hard and works well together.
Dez Says: Denver Nuggets in 6.

L.A. Clippers (4) vs. Memphis (5)
Experts say The Clippers are not built to go too far in the playoffs, but I'm not so sure.
Dez Says: Clippers in 5.

THE EAST

Miami (1) vs. Milwaukee (8)
This will be a nice warm-up for Miami before they hit a serious opponent in the second round.
Dez Says: Heat sweep.

New York (2) vs. Boston (7)
Even if Boston were at full strength, the Knicks would still win this. Boston will take a couple on grit alone.
Dez Says: New York Knicks in 6.

Indiana (3) vs. Atlanta (6)
Boring teams. Boring series. Boring cities, boring states. Who cares.
Dez Says: Indiana Pacers in 6.

Brooklyn (4) vs. Chicago (5)
I know the Nets won the first game, and I know the Nets have the better record. And I know Chicago is without its wuss of a star, Derek Rose. I don't care, Chicago will still take it.
Dez Says: Bulls in 7.

Disagree? Explain yourself.

No comments: