Saturday, May 12, 2012

Round 2 NBA Playoff Predictions

I hate it when they start the second round while there are still round 1 series to be decided. But I need to get my predictions up now since the round 2 games start later today.

So first, I guess I should predict the outcomes of the two Game 7's today and tomorrow. Due to the injuries of Blake Griffin and Chris Paul (although both are still playing), and the overall tenacity and nastiness of The Grizzlies, I've got to give The Griz the series. Plus, it's the Clippers.

As far as that other L.A. team, what are they called again? Oh yeah, The Lakers. Denver has fought mightily to bring it to a Game 7, but I've got to think that experience, Kobe's competitiveness and the return of Metta Ron World Artest Peace take over and The lakers make it through.

So how did I do in Round 1, assuming my Game 7 predictions are also true? If my predictions here come to pass, I will be 6-2 on predicting the outcomes, and I also predicted the Heat sweep.

On to Round 2...

Spurs vs. Grizzles: As great as The Spurs are, I shudder at the thought of facing the Grizzles again. Recall last season, The Spurs were also a one seed and the Grizz were 8. They met in the first round, and the Grizzlies defeated them, in large part due to an advantage in the paint. The Grizzlies still have that advantage. But, Ginobili was hurt and this is a much better Spurs team than last season. It will be a tough fought series, but the Spurs win this time. Spurs in 6. (And if their opponent turns out to be The Clippers, I would still give it to the Spurs in 6).

Thunder vs. Lakers: I think the time has passed for The Lakers (at least in this configuration) and the time has arrived for The Thunder. Thunder in 6. (And if the opponent turns out to be Denver, then Thunder in 5).

Heat vs. Pacers: The Pacers are one of those lower seeds that nobody wants to face in a series. Still, Miami's path to The Finals is fairly clear now that the hobbled Bulls are out of the picture. Heat in 6 (The Pacers will genuinely win one and The Heat will give one away because that is what they do in each series they play).

Celtics vs. 76ers: The 76ers just aren't a good team. They beat a Bulls team that had lost its two best players and its mojo. Celtics in 5.

Thoughts?

No comments: