Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer's Almost Gone

I've been back at school this week for meetings and such, but on Monday the students return. This year I've got AP U.S. History, regular U.S. History and the Debate team. Looking forward to it. I've got my own room this year (vs. being a "floater" like I was last year, meaning traveling room to room for my classes). I've had fun decorating the new room. Amidst all the U.S. History-related photos and posters, I've got a big-ass Rolling Stones poster from Altamont right up front. Also a very large 'Godfather' poster strategically placed on the wall behind my chair and desk, just so they don't forget who's boss.

I always dig this rather obscure, melancholy Doors song at the end of each summer. (They seem to like melancholy summer songs, as evidenced by the even better "Indian Summer"). I was looking on YouTube for different versions, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that quite a few people like this tune. There are several very good covers done by forlorn dudes sitting in their bedrooms playing this on an acoustic guitar and so forth. But, the original usually does the trick for me at the end of each summer season...

2 comments:

pockyjack said...

I'm assuming you posted that just to piss me off. Well . . it worked!

Dezmond said...

Your love affair with The Doors continues...