Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daddy Dez

I think I'm allowed to announce this to the world now: Dez done got his wife knocked up. Today (or tomorrow) marks the end of the first trimester. So we are expecting the baby at the beginning of March.

I thought I was fairly immune to cutesy baby stuff, but it was quite cool going to my wife's sonogram appointment. Their little hearts beat so fast. The first time we went it looked like a little rodent. But at this last one it actually looked like a person with arms, toes, etc. And it was moving its arms and kicking. Very exciting.

We aren't supposed to know for sure for another two months, but the sonogram chick said she was pretty sure that it will be a girl.

OK, enough of the cheesy personal stuff. More posts about music and movies and politics are coming, I promise.

5 comments:

ANCIANT said...

Dez--

This is without a doubt my favorite post that you've ever put up.

It's awesome that you're going to be dad, of course. Congrats! (Is it yours, for sure?)

But oh God please please promise me that when one day your daughter is old enough to understand you will tell her that the first time you ever saw her, you thought she looked like a rodent. Promise me that. I don't have much. But that would make it all worthwhile.

Best thing you've ever written. Not even close.

JMW said...

Dez, I have to agree with ANCIANT. You've had so many great posts, but this beats them all for two reasons:

1. It's great news. Many, many congrats.

2. "sonogram chick."

Dezmond said...

Thank you guys. My wife did not find the "rodent" comment that funny, but I seem to remember her agreeing with me at the time. Now she claims "I never said it looked like a rodent! I said it looked like an alien!" I guess alien is better than rodent.

pockyjack said...

I always went with alien. CONGRATS Dez! Frankly I think your review of Tron was your best work. But this is a close number 2@

Anonymous said...

Great post, girls are awesome!

Be carefuls!