Sunday, May 3, 2015

Dez's 2nd Round NBA Playoffs Predictions

Well, I got seven of the eight first round victors correct (that wasn't hard, it went as generally expected), and the one I got wrong went to Game 7 and came down to a single basket. What a series between San Antonio and the Los Angeles Clippers. Even the players were saying what a shame it was that this was a first round series. Either team could have won the West. Although I'm obviously a Spurs fan, I have no animosity towards the Clippers. Great team, class act. That Game 7 was everything you could have hoped for in a Game 7.

THE WEST

Golden State Warriors (1) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (5)
This could be an interesting series considering the completely opposite styles of play of these two teams, but the Warriors have been too good this season. So it probably won't be that interesting.
Dez says: Warriors in 5.

Houston Rockets (2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (3)
This should be a fun one with dynamic players on both sides. Harden and Howard vs. Paul and Griffin (who has just taken his whole game to a new level this playoff season). Bench play will be crucial. Although the Clippers' bench is pretty weak, they still were able to beat the Spurs. Rockets have more rest. Injuries are key. The Rockets are without Beverly, but there is a question about Paul. He played out of his mind last night, but also had a hamstring issue. Will it be alright by tomorrow?
Dez says: Clippers in 6

THE EAST

Atlanta Hawks (1) vs. Washington Wizards (5)

I still don't believe in Atlanta. But they should beat the Wizards.
Dez says: Hawks in 6.

Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Chicago Bulls (3)
I'm no Cleveland fan, but I think it really sucks that Kevin Love is out for the rest of the playoffs. And I agree with Love, it was a bush league play that took him out from some scrub on a crappy Boston team. I just would like every team to be at full strength in the playoffs. With Love, I think there would be little question that Cleveland would win this series. But with him out, it really could be a tough series. And dare I say that Derrick Rose is playing solid basketball at times. Although I still expect him to shatter in a million pieces on the floor whenever he drives to the basket. I say Lebron wills the Cavs to victory.
Dez says: Cleveland in 7.

No comments: