Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Sign That It Is Time To Retire

I had tickets for a co-headlining show featuring Jeff Beck and ZZ Top in Houston for earlier this month. I'm a fan of ZZ Top circa 1972-85 or so, but obviously I got the ticket to see the still amazing Jeff Beck. I was all set to go to Houston and meet up with my friends to go to the show when I get an e-mail from ticketmaster stating that the show had been postponed nine months. Researching online, I discovered Dusty Hill (bass player for ZZ Top) had tripped on the tour bus and broken his hip.

I ran into Dusty once many years ago. I was at Dolce and Freddo (gelato place) in Houston one evening, and he walked in wearing a dark suit, shades and his trademark beard tucked into his shirt. On his arm was a busty, blonde, scantily clad 20 year old (or so).

ABOVE: Dusty es viejo

No comments: