Monday, June 13, 2011

I Was Wrong (Thank God)

"But this Mavs team is different." Year after year, if you Dallas fans say that enough times, then the law of averages states that you are bound to be right sometime. I guess this year's Dallas Mavericks was, in fact, different. I am no Mavs fan, but I hate the Miami Heat, so I was rooting for Dallas. As distasteful as that is for me to do. LeBron's Decision, the assertion that by assembling two or three supermen you can win the championship (vs. assembling a real team), the Championship celebration they held before the pre-season even started, whiny Bosh...all of those things pushed me into Dallas's camp. I am pleased to see some veterans who have toiled for years get their day in the sun. Dirk obviously, but also Kidd and Marion. (Not happy for Terry, though, he's a douche.) So, congratulations Mavs Nation. You have staved off the Evil Empire for all of us who appreciate team basketball at least for one more year.


ABOVE: I guess this pre-season celebration was for the Eastern Conference title, and not the NBA one? Because that is as far as you got, a-holes.

4 comments:

Grandes Cigarro said...

I approve this message. "Anyone but the Heat" was probably a lot of folks mantra this year.

JMW said...

"The Mavs will continue to be chokers and underachievers until they actually win a title. And I still contend that will not happen as long as 1. Mark Cuban owns the team, and 2. Dirk is their best player." --You, on my blog, after the Mavs swept the Lakers. As far as I can see, Cuban's still the owner and -- unless you want to make some seriously strange argument -- Dirk's still their best player.

Dezmond said...

Well...uh...

dre said...

I wanted both teams to lose. At least, I got half my wish.