Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Spirit?

My wife's mother picked up my almost five year old daughter from school the other day. While they were stopped at a light there was an alleged homeless man asking for money at the intersection. My daughter wanted to help him so she gave him her chocolate she had. He was appreciative. I was quite proud of her generous spirit and so yesterday when I was driving my daughters to school I brought it up in the car and, in my view, gave an excellent speech about generosity, charity and selfless giving. At the end of my brilliant sermon, she said "well, Daddy, I gave him the chocolate because I want to get presents at Christmas." (See Santa is watching post below). I guess what matters is our actions right? Regardless of motivation? Picking up on the silence as I contemplated the action/motivation issue, she hastily added "oh, and to show God's love. That too." Good girl. Cover all of your bases.

No comments: