Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sister



First of all, Happy New Year to my many reader(s). Exciting news, I have another daughter on the way. I had to wait to surprise some people with the news over the holidays. Now that the requisite people know, I can post it here.

We've been explaining this whole thing to my daughter (almost three), and I think she is starting to grasp the gravity of the situation. Before we found out, we asked her many times whether she wanted a brother or a sister, and for long time she firmly stated that she wanted "only Mommy and Daddy." Well, too damn bad, that cow has already left the barn. But eventually she came around to expressing a preference for a sister, and according to the sonogram we got a couple of days ago, a sister she will have.

4 comments:

ANCIANT said...

Who is the father, do you think?

Anonymous said...

Good for you, RayTM. The upcoming birth should increase aHa's US fan base by at least 33%.

IM

JMW said...

That's fantastic news. Congrats! And this is proof that you're just the man to guide your first-born through this difficult transition: "Well, too damn bad, that cow has already left the barn."

Dezmond said...

ANCIANT, we'll see what she looks like when she comes out. Ignorant, let me tell you something, a-ha is a fantastic band. and yes, JMW, that's some tough love.