Friday, July 16, 2010

Two Things: Prez Recap and Scholarly Baby

Don't worry, dear readers, the Dez Prez Rankings will wrap up shortly. As we are on the verge of the Top 10 (1st Quartile), I thought you might appreciate a recap. Would I change anything? I don't know. I can say that your comments and thoughtful discussion made me think about my rankings. I might push Andrew Jackson (grudgingly) a bit higher, and I think in retrospect I put Hayes and McKinley too high. Other than that, I'm happy so far. Here you go...

Not Ranked: William Henry Harrison, James Garfield, George W. Bush, Barack Obama

39. Buchanan
38. Pierce
37. A. Johnson
36. Grant
35. Harding
34. B. Harrison
33. Taylor
32. Hoover
31. Van Buren
30. Ford
29. Coolidge
28. Carter
27. Taft
26. Tyler
25. J.Q. Adams
24. Arthur
23. Fillmore
22. Nixon
21. Jackson
20. Cleveland
19. Hayes
18. L.B. Johnson
17. Clinton
16. G.H.W. Bush
15. Kennedy
14. Reagan
13. Madison
12. McKinley
11. J. Adams

Stay tuned for the Top 10!

Also, my daughter is already a scholar...

2 comments:

dre said...

Dez - is that a history book on the US presidents? Is that where you're getting much of your insight for this list?

Dezmond said...

Actually, yes. For each next entry on the list, I give my daughter a book on presidents, and whichever one she drools on first, that is the next entry.