Thursday, June 17, 2010

Game 7

I know that I posted about the NBA Playoffs at the beginning and I haven't really mentioned them sense. They've been somewhat underwhelming this season, although Boston's tear through No. 1 Cleveland, No. 3 Orlando and reaching Game 7 in the Finals tonight against No. 2 Lakers has been interesting and historic.

I think the Lakers win tonight in L.A. Boston's real chance to take the title was Game 6 (also in L.A.) The Lakers just have too much momentum going into Game 7, at home after a crushing victory in Game 6 (where Boston Center Kendrick Perkins went down and cannot play tonight).

I've kind of come around on Kobe. I used to hate him due to his youthful arrogance. But he ain't so youthful anymore, and I have been impressed over recent years with his singular focus and (finally) discovered effective leadership skills. I think my admiration for Kobe has risen as my disgust with Lebron James has increased. The two most dominant players currently playing, they make a striking contrast. So far Lebron has won nothing yet surrounds himself with his posse, holds the city of Cleveland hostage with his "will I stay or won't I stay?" antics, acts like an entitled jackass, refuses to even speak with (ex-)potential Cleveland coach Izzo...Lebron has proven to be King Douche. Kobe, on the other hand, doesn't talk as much as he used to and continues to accumulate titles. He gets No. 5 tonight.


ABOVE: Kobe just wants it more than anybody else.

No comments: