Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Spawn of Dez



I have officially reproduced. My daughter was born yesterday at 4:14 in the afternoon. She is beautiful (of course). My wife's eyes. My nose.

In relation to our recent discussions below, everything went as planned. Fully natural birth, no complications. Delivered in a hospital by an excellent doctor and nurses who respected our birth plan. My wife was amazing. She went into labor Sunday evening, and we arrived at the hospital at about 3:30 Monday morning. She labored through the contractions calmly and with purpose, never losing control or giving in to the pain. Even through transition, which is generally considered the most painful and intense part of labor, she was concentrated and calm, focusing on the task at hand. The doctor was shocked at how relaxed she was, especially in comparison to the woman screaming like a banshee next door. Anyway, I've never been more proud of (or impressed with) my wife. And thank God everything went as planned and our daughter appears to be a healthy and happy little girl.

We return home with her tomorrow. That will be fun.

Next up...a review of Peter Gabriel's new album...

5 comments:

JMW said...

Unbelievable. Congratulations, Dez -- and to Mrs. Dez, of course. (More to her, really. I mean, come on.) She is beautiful. And looks unusually alert for her first day on the outside.

Talk soon....

Uncle David said...

That's so amazing and wonderful. I can't wait to meet her.

ANCIANT said...

Well done Mrs Dez! Congrats to you both.

Does it have a name?

Dezmond said...

It is called The Spawn of Dezmond.

sarah said...

What a great tribute to Nicki. I agree, pretty amazing! I can't wait to meet her.