Saturday, February 9, 2008

Inaugural Address

Welcome friends, countrymen, and accidental visitors. As the subtitle of this Blog boldly suggests, I plan on covering a variety topics here. You will probably see more music, movies and politics than anything else...but everything under or beyond the sun is fair game. And I love a lively discussion and spirited debate, so please feel free to add your two cents regarding anything that grabs your interest. My ideal is that we have ongoing discussions flourishing under several posts at any given time. Also, feel free to make suggestions, because while this Blog is not a democracy, I do listen to good advice. I've been a devoted commentator on other Blogs, but this is my first attempt to start my own.

I have to thank five friends in particular for inspiring me to finally start my own Blog. They get tired of me commenting all over their Blogs, so the chorus of "do your own!" finally brought me to this place. Willis and 8-Ball EZ-Eze (that is his real name, by the way) both have now-deceased Blogs, but they were the first Blogs that I ever got involved with, and it was their creativity and energy that first got me interested in the Blogworld. Three Blogs currently run by friends of mine and that are better than mine are: A Special Way of Being Afraid , A New Career In a New Town and Violently Arousing . You should visit all three of them (and see how I shamelessly rip them off format-wise.)

Finally, what's with the name of this Blog? Glad you asked. My favorite movie of all time is "Jaws". Seen it about 200,000 times, can quote the entire film to you, I am still afraid of the ocean because of it...the name is a slight bastardization of the immortal line spoken by Chief Brody (Roy Scheider) to Quint (Robert Shaw) in this great scene...


If Quint isn't the baddest ass of all bad asses in the movies...more soon, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DeZ, you have the wrong clip loaded. Here, look at this one instead: - Pocky

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Soccerplaya47/madness.gif